Mrs. Nau has worked at Sunburst Schools since August of 2010.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
Currently I teach Kindergarten at Sunburst Schools. This is my eleventh year in this position.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I started my teaching career at Gallatin Gateway School which is just outside of Bozeman, MT where I taught Kindergarten and Title I. Then, I taught 2nd grade for three years in Belgrade at Heck/Quaw Elementary School. In Stanford, MT, I taught for one year in a wide variety of subjects and grade levels all at the elementary level. In Stanford, I coached JH girls volleyball for two seasons. In Sunburst, I coached JH girls basketball for one season and served as an assistant JH girls volleyball coach for seven seasons. Overall, I have around 16 years of experience between my teaching, substitute teaching, and working as an aide.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Dickinson, ND. When I was in fourth grade, my family moved to Wibaux, MT where I graduated from high school. I attended College at Montana State University in Bozeman, MT.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I grew up in a family of eight consisting of four brothers and one sister. I have been married to my husband, Dan for almost 25 years. We have a seventeen year old daughter named Nikki and a fourteen year old daughter named Ali.
5. Do you have any pets?
We have a cat named Callie.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
In my spare time, I like to exercise, read, do crafts, and spend time with my family.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I never, ever imagined I would be teaching Kindergarten. Originally, I wanted to work with kids at the intermediate level. My first boss took a chance on me out of over 300 applicants and I was awarded a Kindergarten teaching job. I fell in love with the kids and what they are able to achieve academically and socially in such a short amount of time.
My favorite color is red. My favorite Disney princess is Sleeping Beauty. I know more song lyrics than the average person. I was a stay at home mom for a few years while my daughters were young. I have completed two half marathons, eight Spartan races and several 10K or 5K races. I have never broken a bone or had stitches (knock on wood).