Mrs. Omdahl has worked at Sunburst Schools since August of 2012.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am the Agriculture teacher, Geometry Teacher, and I pick up other math classes from time to time. I also teach French as needed.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
This is my 30th year of teaching. I started at Turner, spent 5 years in Stevensville, and taught for 13 years in Shelby. I am currently in my 11th year in Sunburst. I have taught a number of courses, but I have primarily taught Agriculture, assorted Math, and French .
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Great Falls. I grew up on a farm between Dutton, Power, and Choteau where we raised a few cattle, farmed, and I had sheep for a project. I graduated from Dutton High School. I graduated from MSU in Bozeman and have a master's degree from MSUN in Havre.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I have been married to Lloyd for 27 years and we have sons Quintin, Ulan, and Landan.
5. Do you have any pets?
We have had a number of animals at our house, including goats, rabbits, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peacocks, sheep, cats, and a dog. We currently do not have any animals as they found new homes with other 4-H families.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I have diverse interests, including reading, sewing, embroidery, playing logistics games, travelling, and learning new things.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I enjoy working with motivated students in classes and through the FFA program.