Mr. Tobin has worked for Sunburst Schools since April of 2017.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am currently the full time Kevin route bus driver and substitute teach
when called upon.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I was a Flight engineer instructor for 18 years and taught ground school at
the fleet replacement squadron for 3 years. I completed the Navy’s IT (instructor
Training) School in 1980, (13 weeks). I taught Immigration Law at FLETC
(Federal Law Enforcement Training Center), for 1 year and at the Sweetgrass
Port for 10 years.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Helena MT, graduated from Helena High (Go Bengals), and
joined the Navy shortly after graduating from high school. I retired from the Navy
after 24 years. I moved my family from California back to Helena where I built a
4200 sq ft home and started my own Window and door business. After 9-11 I
closed my business and was hired by the INS (immigration and naturalization
service) and started my career as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer at the
Sweetgrass Port of Entry, retiring after 10 years of service, retirement #2.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I am married (currently 44 years) to my soul mate and best friend Peggy.
We have 2 daughters Michelle and Meghan who are both married with families of
their own, giving us 3 grandsons.
5. Do you have any pets?
I have 3 cats, ZORRO, PUSS, and LADY ZORRO.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy woodworking and shooting and long walks on a warm beach in the
Caribbean with an occasional cruise thrown in for good measure.