1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am currently the Sunburst District Superintendent and 7-12 Grade Principal.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I began my teaching career at the Miller Hutterite Colony where I taught 1st through 4th Grade for 4 years. I then taught 4-8th Grade Math in Valier for 2 years, and then 6-8th Grade Math in Conrad for 10 years. I was hired in Sunburst 6 years ago. I have coached Girls High School Basketball for 13 years, Boys High School Basketball for 2 years, Legion Baseball for 12 years, and Junior High Basketball and track for 5 years.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born and raised on a ranch in Outlook, Montana. I graduated from Outlook and then went to college at the University of Montana. I participated in track at the UM for 3 years before I transferred to University of Nevada, Las Vegas where I graduated in elementary education.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I have been married to my wife, Vanessa, for 22 years. We have 3 children: Claire 11th Grade, Nick 7th Grade, and Colette 5th Grade.
5. Do you have any pets?
We have a Boston Terrier - Independence
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy being in the mountains hiking, hunting, and fishing. I also enjoy participating in ultra endurance running events.