Sunburst Schools will be profiling our staff throughout the 2022-2023 school year. This week we introduce Mrs. Richmond who joined Sunburst Schools one year ago.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I teach 3rd and 4th grade math, science, and social studies, as well as coach Varsity volleyball!
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I began my teaching career in Greenough, Montana in a two-room schoolhouse with just one other teacher and myself. I taught Pre-K through 3rd grade, while she taught 4th-8th. After four years there, I decided to migrate back to the hi-line where I taught as the sole teacher at Galata Elementary School. After a year at Galata, I was fortunate enough to accept a position in Sunburst and I am so happy to be here! This will be my second year in the district!
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Uvalde, Texas. The same town as Matthew McConaughey! My dad was a Border Patrol agent, and we moved to the northern border, making Sunburst our home when I was just two years old. I attended K-12 school here in Sunburst and got my undergrad from the University of Montana! Go Griz!
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I live with my husband, Cameron and our sweet fur baby, Shadow!
5. Do you have any pets?
Shadow is our sweet Lab/Collie mix that we adopted at the age of two.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I love crossfit, volleyball, and listening to podcasts or bingeing TV shows in my spare time.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I recently became a Montana History Teacher Leader through the Montana Historical Society and lately I've been kind of obsessed with learning all that I can about Montana History!