The next staff profile from Sunburst Schools is from our other new teacher, Miss Smith.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am teaching Junior High Reading, English Language Arts and Physical Education!
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I taught in Whitewater, MT for two years, along with coaching multiple sports. I coached junior high volleyball, basketball, and high school boys basketball for the North Country Mavericks for two years. I was also the head track and field coach for Malta High School for the last three years!
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born and raised in central Montana until my family moved to Malta when I was in the fifth grade, where I eventually graduated high school from! I attended and graduated from North Dakota State University (Go Bison!) where I also participated in track and field.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I am recently engaged to Jackson Nagy!
5. Do you have any pets?
I have a dog Mia, who I rescued 5 years ago. ❤️
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
If you haven’t noticed, I really enjoy sports but I also love hunting, fishing, hiking, and the lake whether it is relaxing and reading a book or jet skiing!
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I am very competitive so I always love a good challenge!