Fall Sports Information!
There are three things to remember before practice starts:
1. All students must get an athletic physical. No student will be allowed to practice until they have turned in their physical form. The MHSA physical form can be found on our school website under the athletic tab.
2. Each student will need to pay the $25 activity fee per student, either cash or check, to the school. This fee allows your student to get in to every Sunburst home game all year and it helps pay for referees, sports equipment, as well as district and tournament fees. The adult all season pass is $50 per adult or $125 per family.
3. Parents should plan to attend parent meetings for each participating student. At these meetings, parents will need to fill out and sign concussion forms and athletic handbook agreements.
High School Schedule:
On Friday, August 12th the high school cross country, football and volleyball teams will begin their first fall practice.
· HS Volleyball – Coach Richmond will start practice @ Midnight August 12, with a practice & gym sleepover (check Volleyball letter that is being mailed to all girls for details).
· HS Cross Country – Coach Nix will meet at 7am outside the gym doors to stretch and run.
· HS Football – Coach Bye’s first practice starts @ 6:15am to 9:15am (with a 30 minute break @8am).
Parent/Student Meeting at 5:30pm on Wednesday August 17th in the concessions area outside the gym to collect physicals, get concussion forms started, and to answer any questions about policies.
Junior High Schedule:
· JH Football – Coach Samsal’s first practice is Monday August 15th @6:00 am (Parent meeting August 8 – 7pm @ Elem Gym)
· JH Volleyball – Coach Hauschulz will start Monday August 15 @ 5:30pm – 7:30pm (Parent meeting August 18th – 7:45pm @ Elem Gym)
· 7th & 8th grade Cross Country – Coach Ehlers will start running Thursday August 25th after school
Please contact HS Athletic Director Jeff Nix or JH Athletic Director Shayle Ehlers if you have questions about the fall sports seasons.