Miss Val began working for Sunburst Schools in October of 1997.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am the High School & Junior High Secretary and also the District Sub Clerk.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I was the Play/Drama Assistant Coach for approximately 10 year with Mrs. Hauschulz.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I am from Sunburst. I was born in Chester, MT and graduated from North Toole County High School. I took one semester of college via telecom.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I have been married for 34 years to my best friend, Don McAlpine, and have two sons.
5. Do you have any pets?
We have two dogs, Rebel & Stormy.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I love to quilt, cross stitch, put together jigsaw puzzles, bake, and my most recent endeavor, healthier habits for a better longevity of life. Working out and eating healthier is my new best friend.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I went on a surprise vacation, thanks to my husband, to Alaska last year and we are going again this year at the end of May to fish in Sitka! I'm hoping for more travel in the future!