Willie has worked at Sunburst Schools since September of 2007.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am the custodian at the junior high/high school building.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I was an assistant high school basketball coach for one year and a junior high school basketball coach for four years. I was a volunteer softball coach when Sunburst had a high school girls program.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Columbus, Ohio and graduated from Pleasant View High School. I worked for a year and then joined the US Air Force in 1970. After getting out of the Air Force in 1974 I joined the US Customs Service and was stationed at Sweetgrass, MT. In 1978 I took a promotion to Eastport, Idaho and spent eight years there. In 1986 I took a position in Calgary, Alberta, Canada clearing aircraft bound for the US. In 1990 I returned to Sweetgrass, MT and retired from the Customs Service in 2006. I started working for the school system in 2007.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I have been married to my wife, Joyce, for 49 years. We have three children, seven grandkids, and two great grandkids.
5. Do you have any pets?
I do not have any pets.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I officiated high school football, softball and this year baseball. During the summer I umpire USA girls fastpitch softball around the state of Montana and have been chosen to umpire in four national tournaments.