Mr. Nau has worked at Sunburst Schools since August of 2009.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am the elementary school principal and district technology coordinator.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I began my teaching career in 1998 in Bozeman, Montana. I then moved to Belgrade, Montana where I taught for 7 years. In 2006, we moved to Stanford, Montana, where I taught for 3 years. I have been in my current position at Sunburst Schools for the past 14 years. During my time as a classroom teacher, I primarily taught 2nd-4th grade. I have also taught technology skills to Kindergarten-8th grade students (and adults). I have been involved in athletics as a coach and athletic director. For many summers, I worked in a school custodial position. Lastly, I have been heavily involved in technology (computer and network maintenance, website, etc.) throughout my career.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Lewistown, Montana. I have 3 older brothers. I went to 1st-12th grade at Sunburst Schools and am a proud graduate of North Toole County High School. I received my bachelors and master’s degree from Montana State University-Bozeman.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I have been married to my wife, Missy, for nearly 25 years. We have two wonderful daughters, Nikki, age 17, and Ali, age 14.
5. Do you have any pets?
We have a calico cat named Callie.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I love spending time with my family and friends. In my spare time, I enjoy technology, woodworking, sports (playing, watching, and following Refiner and Wildcat athletics), and just enjoy being outdoors and staying busy.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
My high school prophecy stated that in 15 years I would come back, bald, as the principal at Sunburst Schools. I never thought it would be true! Second, I am very loyal and have been a diehard 49ers, Lakers, Dodgers, and Montana Grizzlies fan all my life. Last, I truly enjoy my job and feel fortunate to work with wonderful students and staff daily.