Parents and Community
Mrs. Pace has worked at Sunburst Schools since August of 2015.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I am the 2nd grade teacher at the amazing school of Sunburst. In the summer I teach Traffic Education. (Yes I'm still ok.)
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I coached High School Volleyball serving 1 year as assistant and 4 years as head coach. I also was an assistant coach during one session of Junior High Girls basketball. Lastly, I coached track (junior high and high school) on and off for 5 years.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born and raised in Power, MT. I attended school there from pre-school to graduation. I then went to the Great Falls COT where I did my general education classes. I then transferred to MSU-Northern to finish my degrees with a Bachelor's in Education and a minor in Traffic Education.
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I married Rostyn Pace in 2016 on a windy March day. A few years later we decided to add to our family and had our son Ryker (3). Then, we thought we should add to our crazy lives and added Myka (1) to our family.
5. Do you have any pets?
We currently have 2 cats (Cheryl and Other Cat). We also have our fur baby Tora (dog). In addition, we have some cows, but the best one is "Kortnee's Cow."
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I love being outdoors and playing with my kids. I also enjoy woodworking, but I'm not a pro at it... yet.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I was the youngest of 5 children until my parents adopted my cousin when I was in 8th grade. I am also a Sergeant in the Army National Guard and have served for almost 11 years.