Parents and Community
Mrs. Alex Aschim has worked at Sunburst Schools since 2015.
1. What is your current role(s) at Sunburst Schools?
I teach Junior High math, science, social studies, and in the second semester, art. I also took over as Co-sponsor for the NTCHS/JH Student Council this year.
2. What previous teaching, coaching, or other extracurricular activities have you been involved with, if any, at previous schools and how many years of experience do you have?
I started coaching at Sunburst Schools in 2015 as an assistant basketball coach for the high school and head junior high basketball coach. I started off as a paraprofessional in January of 2020 and began teaching here in Sunburst that fall, August 2020.
3. Give us a brief history to include where you are from, where you were born, where you graduated from high school, and where graduated from college?
I was born in Shelby, Montana, and started school there before moving to Sunburst in 2001. I went to school in Sunburst from 2nd grade until I graduated in 2012 (Refiner through and through!). I went to college in Butte at Montana Tech (Go Diggers!), where I graduated in 2015 with a bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health. I am anxiously looking forward to graduating from MSU Bozeman in May with my Master's Degree in Teaching! (Just can't bring myself to say go Cats here, so I'll just say go Treyton!)
4. Tell us about your family, spouse, or significant other.
I married my husband, Nate Aschim in 2015 on our farm east of town. We have a daughter, Rory (5 years old, in Kindergarten), and two sons, Colin (3 years old) and Aidan (Just turned 1 year old!)
5. Do you have any pets?
We don't have a pet, but we have a farm dog named Coco, and many barn cats.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
We love following the basketball team, and the kids love cheering for Dad coaching the boys team. I love hanging out with my family and kids. We enjoy sledding and making snowmen and all the fun winter things when the weather permits, and in the summer we love travelling to the lake to relax by the water.
7. Are there any other interesting tidbits you want to share about yourself?
I'm very passionate, and I always try to do my best at whatever I'm doing! I hope to pass that on to all my students!